Friday, May 09, 2014

Summer Reading

This past week I finished both my last paper and my last verbatim for my spiritual direction program. All that's left to do is attend two more classes and finish up the two individual prayer retreats I'm guiding, and I'll be ready for certification as a spiritual director. Woo!

I plan to write something more about that later, but in the meantime, no more classwork means that I can finally start reading for fun again. And over the course of the past few months, I've been building up the stack on my nightstand in anticipation. Here's what it looks like as of this morning:

Dark March by Colin Fleming

Finding God in All Things by William Barry, SJ

Another Country by Mary Pipher

Learning to Walk in the Dark by Barbara Brown Taylor

Speak to Me That I May Speak by W. Dow Edgerton

Hustling God by M. Craig Barnes

The Walking Dead comics, volumes 8 & 9

The Inexplicables by Cherie Priest

Yeah, a couple spirituality/ministry books. But also zombies. And steampunk. And caring for the elderly. And short stories. I try to keep things mixed up.

I don't anticipate getting through all of these  this summer, but I'm sure going to try. Hooray free time!

What's on your summer reading list?

No comments: