Friday, April 04, 2014

The Quiet and the Noise

Since Saturday, I've been feeling very quiet.

To be sure, there's been plenty to do. And there will be plenty to do as April goes along. We have Holy Week coming up, after all. This is one of the busiest times of the year for pastors. Not only that, but I'll finally be returning to Eden Theological Seminary for their spring convocation and my 10-year (!!!) reunion. Then I turn right around to come home and celebrate Confirmation Sunday.

That, and I'm working ahead a little in my spiritual direction program. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter, and I'm doing what I can to will it closer. My practicum is winding down, and I only have three more class times to go.

So there's plenty of noise.

But I've also been feeling quiet. I've been feeling quiet about this space. It's not that I don't want to write anything. I just can't think of anything that I want to say right now. I worked myself up so much about the radio show, and now that it has passed I've been content to not say anything for a couple days, and I've felt a peace about that.

I suppose that's changed since I'm now writing about not writing. It kind of works against me, doesn't it? Maybe this is just a fancy way of saying, "Sorry, but I've been spending my energy in places other than this blog lately."

Even when life around me is fixing to get more and more noisy, I've been finding a quiet in the midst of it, and I've been enjoying it. I'm not in a rush to move away from it or jump start anything. There's enough to do, that's for sure.

So I'll go be quiet for a little while longer, and then I'll be done.

No comments: