Thursday, March 01, 2012

My Prayer Partner

This is Nermal.

Every evening, I go upstairs to read and pray through my Ignatian Exercises, and he either follows me into the room or is already there waiting for me.

He rubs against me, purring like a motorboat. When it becomes clear to him that I'm not going to scratch or pet him too much, he lays on top of my materials. Sometimes he falls asleep. At other times he just watches me. He can be very patient most nights, seemingly content to just lay against my leg and to be present.

Earlier in my spiritual direction time, I saw this as a nuisance. Now if he misses a night, I miss him. He helps bring a calming and even playful effect to my prayer time.

I'm glad to have such a loving and loyal prayer partner.

1 comment:

Mel said...

There aren't enough words to adequately express just how much I love this post. God bless Nermal.