Monday, March 12, 2012

Conference Speakin', Workshop Leadin'

I want to share something that I'm really excited about.

This summer, I'll be attending the biennial "Shepherding the Shepherd" event hosted by the UCC 2030 Clergy Network at Boston University. The purpose of this gathering is a chance for clergy in their 20s and 30s to get together, support one another, and discuss issues related to us as younger people in ministry. It's the first that I'll be making a point to attend, and am glad to be able to do it.

The theme of this year's gathering is "The Pursuit of Green Pastures." Not a whole lot of details have been released about content yet, but I do know at least two things.

First, PeaceBang of Beauty Tips for Ministers recently shared that she will be keynoting the event. I've been enjoying her blog lately as I've been striving to be more conscious about my professional attire, so I'm looking forward to that.

The second thing that I know is that there will be a workshop on longer pastorates, led by your favorite Coffeepastor. So, how about that?

Anyone who's been keeping up with the blog the past few years knows that this subject is a big deal for me. I've been thinking for a while now how I would put everything I've been studying and learning about into presentation form so that others could benefit, and now I have a deadline and a little more motivation to do that. I'm excited for the opportunity, and hope that I'm able to share something that others find helpful.

So if you're a younger clergy type in the United Church of Christ, you should come to Boston and be a part of this gathering. It should be a great time.

No comments: