It's been a while since I did a meme, so why not:
Share five things that are happening in your life, personally or professionally or some of each, in this season of life.
1. Vacation brain. I just spent a week in Florida, and I don't feel like I've re-adjusted to being back yet. It's also July, so there isn't a ton of stuff happening around the church at the moment at least in terms of activities. I'm just in "summer mode" like everybody else.
2. Spiritual direction. I'm continuing to anticipate the beginning of my spiritual direction program, which will begin either later this summer or in the fall with experiencing Ignatius' Spiritual Exercises. I'm still waiting to hear from the program director about finding a spiritual director to guide me through this.
3. Coffeewife's graduation. She will earn a Nurse Practitioner degree in mid-August, and both of us are ready for that in multiple ways. I'm incredibly proud of her and happy for her, but I'm also looking forward to our household not being on a school schedule any more. My SD program will come nowhere close to what she's had to do, and honestly I don't think I'm interested in pursuing a program as intensive as hers any more. I was once, but not now.
4. Congregational health. Not in the "dysfunctional church" sense, but in the sense that a lot of members are dealing with health concerns right now, mostly age-related. Honestly, it's caused me to think a lot about what's down the road for us as a church, a question that has no answer yet.
5. Landscaping. Due to both our careers and Coffeewife's schoolwork, we haven't done a lot that we'd like to be doing with our yard other than me mowing the lawn. It's an eyesore, and I'm embarrassed by it. But we've been doing more to shape things up the past few weeks, and it's gradually looking better. This'll hopefully be the only summer where we fall behind the way that we have.