Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Summer Is Winding Down Meme

Courtesy of the RevGals, here's a meme about the "Dog Days" of summer. I'm way late in posting this in terms of when they all go around reading each other's, but with August on the decline and my excitement about that fact, I wanted to play:

1. What is the weather like where you live? The first half of August was apparently ridiculous in terms of the heat, but now it's starting to give way to that cooler, pre-fall weather, featuring more rain and wind.

2. Share one thing you love about this time of year. Maybe it's too easy for me to say something like "summer's almost over," or "it's almost September." I do love that sense of anticipation, of gearing up for a new program year at the church, of preparing for cooler temps, of kickoff at Michigan Stadium.

3. Share one thing you do NOT love about this time of year. Before we really get to everything I mentioned above, we'll probably have one more stint of stupid ridiculous-hot weather. August always finds a way to say, "Haha! I am not done making you miserable yet! Haha!"

4. How will you spend the remaining days leading up to Autumn? Reading about Michigan's fall practices, planning for church programs and preaching during the fall months (I'm a planner-aheader), making sure all my hooded sweatshirts are washed.

5. Share a good summer memory. I refer you to this, this, this, and this.

Bonus: What food says SUMMER to you? Anything I can cook outside over an open flame. Grilling out is one of my favorite summer activities. If I had to pick just one, though, I'd say brats. We tend to grill them a lot in particular.

No comments: