Friday, September 25, 2009

Fall Equinox Meme

Courtesy of the RevGals:

1. Share a Fall memory. I live about 10 minutes away from the community where I regularly trick-or-treated as a kid. My family lived out in the country at that point, but we'd travel with our neighbors to their grandparents' house and spend Halloween there. I remember always loving going to the houses that went above and beyond in their decorating; that even hosted mini-"haunted houses" in their backyards. I was thinking about this yesterday, and find it interesting how close I live to where those memories happened.

2. Your favorite Fall clothes--(past or present)? Hooded sweatshirts, hands down. I have at least a half dozen.

3. Share a campfire story, song, experience...etc. This past Sunday night, I had confirmed youth and sponsors over to the parsonage for a firepit. We roasted hot dogs and s'mores, and played volleyball and cornhole. I remember that right at 6:00, it started to rain very lightly, and I was about to have a conniption. But it stopped, and we had a great time.

4. What is your favorite thing about this time of year?


5. What changes are you anticipating in your life, your church, family...whatever...as the season changes and winter approaches? The big one is moving into our own house, which will be finished in late October. The latest news is that the drywall is up, which was one of the final huge steps to take. While I eternally loathe the act of moving, I'm excited for this change.

Bonus: What food says "AUTUMN" at your house? Recipes always appreciated. Apple cider. Preferably warm, but cold is fine, too.

12 comments:

Purple said...

Smiling on #4.

altar ego said...

I knew football would appear! I'm not a big fan myself, but do enjoying the parties!

Congrats on the new house!

Mrs. M said...

I really enjoy that now, when I watch the OSU game, I win either way-- pleased if the Buckeyes win, but smiling for you if the Wolverines do.

Auntie Knickers said...

Great play, how exciting to have a new house. Now I want some apple cider.

Anonymous said...

My #4 is definitely northern lower Michigan in the fall. A close second is the look, smell, feel, and anticipation of reading, about those new books for fall classes or spiritual formation retreats.

CoffeePa said...

The preceding was intended to be identified as CoffeePa

Anonymous said...

Number 4 definitely involves a trip to a cider mill to get fresh cider and still warm donuts. This would be on a sunny day with a clear blue sky so the multi colors of the leaves pop against that backdrop.

CoffeeAunt#1

erin said...

Ah, fall. I love fall in a big way. And yes, college football is the best thing about it. :)

No worries, I'll still comment even if you don't write anti-OSU posts. ;)

Give my love to CoffeeWife!

SingingOwl said...

Mmmm, cider! And it seems a lot of us like hoodies. (BTW, please define a "post liberal" for me.) Enjoy the fall!

Georgy N Joseph said...

Hi,

I am Georgy from India and I own a christian blog at www.turnbacktogod.com (PageRank 3)

I came across your blog today and i must say "its really good".

As our blogs are related, do you care for a blogroll exchange with my blog?

If you do , please let me know about it.

God Bless You

Georgy N Joseph
(georgynjoseph@gmail.com)

Sarah said...

I guess I should've said that I also like football -- I grew up in a school district without football, so never became indoctrinated into it, but since meeting my husband, I've learned more about it, and now when I hear it on the TV downstairs while I'm working, I can't help but smile and enjoy the way it's working itself into part of the whole fall feeling.

Anonymous said...

If Winter (eventually) comes, can Spring be far behind? Go Blue!