Sunday, March 16, 2008

Time/Transitions Meme

From the RevGals:

1. If you could travel to any historical time period, which would it be, and why? The 1950s, so I could catch some baseball games while guys like Mantle, Williams, DiMaggio, Kaline, and Feller were playing.

2. What futuristic/science fiction development would you most like to see? The thing they do in The Matrix where they can upload programs into your brain. Like, here, sit in this chair. Okay, now you know how to tap dance. That'd be sweet. The downside is that we'd all be escaped pod people from giant farms tended by evil robots, but if we could do it without that part, it'd be cool.

3. Which do you enjoy more: remembering the past, or dreaming for the future? I do these about equally, I think. I think back to my time in St. Louis a lot, and I've been looking back to remember my experiences as a PK to try to understand what Coffeeson might experience. But I also spend a lot of time wondering where I'll end up location-wise, career-wise, and what I'll need to do to help provide some stability for my family through it all.

4. What do you find most memorable about this year's Lent? The snow. It's really managed to foul up both some programs and my mood. But besides that, I might remember this Lent more for attending our Monday night baby classes. I'm awesome at diapering and swaddling, just so you know.

5. How will you spend your time during this upcoming Holy Week? What part do you look forward to most? Community worship on Tuesday, Maundy Thursday, church open for meditation on Good Friday. I actually love the feel of the church on Good Friday. Not many people stop in, but the paraments are gone, the communion table is bare, there's music playing...it's a very calm, symbolic time.

3 comments:

Gene said...

My wife is due in September and I also find myself repeatedly combing my memories of being a place kicker to gain perspective. ;)

Koohii no itoko said...

Coffeeson...that's gonna take some getting used to.

Nice meme.

david said...

Being late forty something-ish, I got to see several of the players you mentioned, but they were past their prime. Still, I remember being a kid at Tiger Stadium sitting in the box seats on third base side as Kaline hit a home run on free bat dday. That was way cool.