Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Year-end Meme

HT to fellow tattooed pastor Lutherpunk...

1. Will you be looking for a new job? I believe not.

2. Will you be looking for a new relationship? No, I'm pretty well locked into this one. Happily, might I add.

3. New house? We've started to talk about it, but probably not.

4. What will you do different in 08? I think the rest of these questions will answer this one.

5. New Years resolution? To eat better and exercise more. You know, the usual. And maybe to get over my disdain of talking on the phone and catch up with long-distance friends and family a little more regularly.

6. What will you not be doing in 08? Huh?

7. Any trips planned? The big one will hopefully be Daytona in June. My usual trip to St. Louis is looking iffy.

9. Major thing on your calendar? The birth of my son.

10. What can’t you wait for? The birth of my son.

11. What would you like to see happen differently? I'm gonna go the superficial route here and say a Tigers World Series win and this being the year Michigan breaks its Sweatervest losing streak.

12. What about yourself will you be changing? Well, sleep patterns for one. And probably another slight ink-based skin alteration.

13. What happened in 07 that you didn’t think would ever happen? My fledgling senior high ministry started to grow legs.

14. Will you be nicer to the people you care about? I always try to do that.

15. Will you dress differently this year than you did in 07? I will continue to perfect my Casual Pastor look.

16. Will you start or quit drinking? I don't exactly throw them back nowadays, so I probably won't change much here.

17. Will you better your relationship with your family? Assuming this means nuclear family, then always. But I'm sure I could improve everywhere else, too.

18. Will you do charity work? I hope so.

19. Will you go to bars? Probably not, unless it's to the restaurant side.

20. Will you be nice to people you don’t know? I try to most of the time.

21. Do you expect 08 to be a good year for you? I don't expect stuff like that. But there are some good indications and I'm always hopeful.

22. How much did you change from this time last year till now? Not that much, I don't think. I've started to think about my career in a new way in light of my new little family...certain things becoming a little more real in that department that were only theory earlier. If you think about "mercenary coaches" in college football, who move at the whiff of something better...I can't be a "mercenary pastor." And I'm just now discovering what that means. I didn't have that strong of a sense of a need for stability before.

23. Do you plan on having a child? Um...yeah.

24. Will you still be friends with the same people you are friends with now? I think so. Like Lutherpunk, I don't have that wide of a circle.

25. Major lifestyle changes? Didn't we cover this one?

26. Will you be moving? If I won't be taking a new job and we won't be buying a different house, then what do you think?

27. What will you make sure doesn’t happen in 08 that happened in 07? The one thing that I wish hadn't happened in 07 was out of my hands to begin with, so I can't make sure that that doesn't happen.

28. What are your New Years Eve plans? I've been invited to one or two places, I've thought about hosting people here...it's up in the air.

29. Will you have someone to kiss at midnight? If she gets home from work in time.

30. One wish for 08? That I don't screw this up.

No comments: