Thursday, December 13, 2007

They're All Up North Except Me

Last night my buddy The Masked Doctoral Student called to tell me that he's accepted a teaching position at a small college in Grand Rapids. I already have a good friend from seminary living in that area. My brother is getting his Masters at a university in Detroit.

And here I am. South.

Did you know that there's a UCC church searching in Ann Arbor? Just sayin'.

Nah, it's not so bad in Ohio. There are lots of people here who like me and whom I like. Plus the Tigers assured themselves a spot in the ALCS last week. Now if only a certain school can secure a coach that eats sweatervests...

In other news, try to justify spending $1.3 million on your church's Christmas pageant.

3 comments:

Brother Cody said...

You know, there is a UCC Church in the search process in Montevideo, MN. My friend, the current minister, was on an interim basis and is heading out west. Perhaps Minnesota appeals to you?

I have been lurking your blogs for a long time now and very much enjoy them. Keep up the good work!

-Bro. Cody,
Practicum Student
First Congregational UCC
Montevideo MN

Coffeepastor said...

Hi Cody. Nah, Minnesota isn't really on my radar as far as ministry positions go. I'm a Michigan guy who will probably be stuck in Ohio for quite a bit longer.:)

I kid Ohio. This place ain't bad save for that one week in November.

Thanks for commenting.

finbean5 said...

U of M just got themselves a pretty good catch. Rich Rodriguez of WVU invented the spread offense. By hiring him, U of M gives me a chance to see a match-up I've wanted to see for three years: WVU's offense vs. OSU's defense.
Best of luck in November.