Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Turning a Corner

So it's been a few days. That's been the story of this blog lately. Sorry about that.

The weekend was full. Mrs. Coffeepastor is now a college graduate twice-over. She'll soon be off to take her Big Important Nurse Exam. In the meantime, we had a fun weekend with a packed house - lots of family and friends over for grilling out and games. Our overly friendly cat probably got the best deal, because he just moved from person to person getting his belly rubbed and his head scratched.Yesterday I did nearly nothing...I didn't change out of my pajamas until close to 3:00. Call it recovery. But the good kind, if there is such a thing.

And then the Tigers beat the Yankees 16-0 and I got to watch it on TV.

I feel like our household has turned a major corner. Soon Mrs. Coffeepastor (one of these days I'm going to write a parody post of blogs that give tedious anonymous nicknames to family members) will be a full-fledged nurse. In addition, this Sunday is September 2nd, which means the merciful end of summer and the beginning of something more interesting. For our church, that means a big anniversary celebration. For me, it means a trip to New Orleans. For Michigan, it means Lloyd Carr either using the talent he has to do something great or hopefully moving on (it's win-win, really).

And I can't help but begin to think about Advent, because that's what I do. But maybe not today. Maybe.

1 comment:

the lame one strikes again said...

"(one of these days I'm going to write a parody post of blogs that give tedious anonymous nicknames to family members)"

...do i want to know what mine'd be? i'm frightened...