Friday, August 31, 2007

Summer Is Finally Over Meme

The Roundup will come tomorrow.

1. Share a highlight from this summer. (If you please, don't just say "our vacation to the Canadian Rockies." Give us a little detail or image. Help us live vicariously through you!) I'm gonna have to go with finding out that I'm going to be a father. No contest. Honorable mention goes to this past weekend with all the people who were around for Mrs. Coffeepastor's graduation. It was enjoyable to have a full house and eat too much.

2. Are you glad to see this summer end? Why or why not? Nowadays I'm always glad to see summer end. This until the end of the year is my favorite time.

3. Name one or two things you're looking forward to this fall. The big one will be my work trip to New Orleans in October. I've never been there besides, but going there for this reason seems that much more important. Also, Go Blue.

4. Do you have any special preparations or activities to mark the transition from one season to another? (Cleaning of house, putting away summer clothes, one last trip to the beach) The past couple years I've tended to put away my Decemberists albums during the summer to break them out again en force once fall comes. I think it's because I was first introduced to them in the fall and can recall one rainy morning driving through wet brown leaves when I really began to connect with their music.

5. I'll know that fall is really here when: I take my walks around the church cemetary, stop down by the end of the driveway, and see the multicolored leaves in the nearby park in all their glory.

Thank God it's fall.

2 comments:

Sally said...

well played- I think seasonal transitions are alwys good- but there is something special about summer- fall isn't there!

Songbird said...

Congratulations on your good news!