Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Here's a Meme

Thanks, Erin...I think.

1. If you had to choose one vice in exclusion of all others what would it be? I'm gonna have to go with coffee for this one. The amount I drink and how much I enjoy it...it makes sense.

2. If you could change one specific thing about the world what would it be? Just one? Okay...I'd want people to be a lot less focused on themselves...preoccupied with their own comforts while others go without food, shelter, love.

3. Name the cartoon character you identify with the most. I've always identified with Charlie Brown. He wants to do the right thing and he either screws it up or he doesn't express it well.

4. If you could live one day in your life over again which one would it be? Okay, I know that one route a lot of people take for this sort of question is, "Oh, I wouldn't be the person I am today if such-and-such hadn't happened," but let's pretend that the person asking it is threatening to kill a kitten if you don't answer. The day that comes to mind for me is the first day I met Mrs. Jeff (who would not have been Mrs. Jeff then). We were walking home together from play rehearsal and it was raining, so I offered my umbrella. My house came before her dorm, so I stopped at my place and she walked all the way back to her dorm in the rain. Looking back, we both think that we might have been able to avoid the funky detour that we took before finally getting together if I'd walked her all the way home.

I actually have a second choice, also from college. The day that I quit our Campus Fellowship group, I wish I'd resolved to stay quit.

5. If you could go back in history and spend a day with one person who would it be? Martin Luther King Jr., the day he went to Birmingham Jail. Then I'd learn what suffering for the gospel truly looks like and I'd see firsthand the church at its best.

6. What is the one thing you lost, sold or threw away that you wish you could have back? While growing up my brother, my cousin and I drew notebooks full of our own superhero-type characters. I just recently found out that all of mine were inadvertently thrown out. So I wish I could have them back.

7. What is your one most important contribution to this world? A while back, I resolved that there would be no greater thing that I could get right in my life than being a good father.

8. What is your one hidden talent that nearly no one knows about? If it's a hidden talent, there's a reason it's hidden.

9. What is your most cherished possession?
I don't know if I truly cherish them, but my journal and my Pastoral Record book are both pretty important to me.

10. What one person influenced your life the most when growing up? There are a couple, but today I'm going with my former church's pastor. He shows up a lot in my own ministry style and was one who generally exhibited a "less is more" sort of philosophy that has stuck with me.

11. What one word describes you better than any other? Sensitive. I'm stealing Erin's word.

3 comments:

Erin said...

thanks for playing!! =)

I, for one, am glad that you didn't stay quit from Campus Fellowship. I (and Heidi) needed you there for my own sanity.

toodle-loo!!

The Reverend Mother said...

I'm so sorry I tossed your drawings! I'm still hoping they are in the house somewhere buried in a box.

P.o.C. said...

Erin,

Yeah, but the only thing that really compelled me to come back was my ego...I'd moved past any real meaning that I found in the group other than my own felt need to be defiant. There were other things that would have benefitted much more from my time.

Mom,

I know. Me too.