Friday, December 08, 2006

GalPals Christmas Song Meme

Right, so this is self-explanatory:

1. A favorite 'secular' Christmas song. Nothing beats Jingle Bells. The second verse includes the line "take the girls tonight," which my brother and I like to sing extra loud.

2. Christmas song that chokes you up (maybe even in spite of yourself--the cheesier the better) It doesn't really choke me up, but Christmastime is Here from Charlie Brown gets me.

3. Christmas song that makes you want to stuff your ears with chestnuts roasted on an open fire. Feliz Navidad...it's annoying in and of itself, but then that guy on the radio sings it through his nose.

4. The Twelve Days of Christmas: is there *any* redeeming value to that song? Discuss. Not really. It promotes indentured servitude if you think about it. "For Christmas, my true love gave me some ladies dancing and some other chicks milking...all for my enjoyment. Uh oh...she's not milking hard enough. TO THE STOCKS, WENCH!!" Yeah, real redeeming.

5. A favorite Christmas album Gotta go with Gualardi Trio's Charlie Brown Christmas. What can I say? Charlie Brown helps make this holiday for me.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Christmas isn't here until our family brings out that Charlie Brown Christmas album. I've discovered (to my shame) that we have 3 copies of it! I guess that means we REALLY like it. We listen to it all year long.

chartreuseova said...

I guess our house is one of few that doesn't have a Charlie Brown Christmas album...with all the RevGal webring rave reviews and our love of all that is Peanuts, perhaps we need to invest in one.

will smama said...

feliz navidad... I so feel your pain.

Sean Carter said...

wow those songs are the inevitable part of Christmas indeed...and also they depend on the mood of the person enjoying the season. do can check out more songs on Christmason my blog

MMM said...

You've been BookMMMarked in the Desert of the Real.

Come on over, and bring the Creme Brulee coffee with you.