Saturday, September 16, 2006

GalPals Famous People Meme

1. Tell us about a time you met someone famous. Sadly, I really don't have any good stories. I nearly met Jerry "the King" Lawler in an airport once. This question always makes me feel like a loser. Why'd I decide to do this one? Do notable Bible scholars count? Probably not. Man, I suck...

2. Tell us about a celebrity you'd like to meet. My inner fanboy says either Dave Matthews or The Rock. It's not just for their prominent places in my own pop culture catalog. They really do seem like cool guys to have a drink with. My guilty pleasure would be Kelly Clarkson. I might edit that out.

3. Tell us about someone great who's *not* famous that you think everyone oughta have a chance to meet. I hang out with a 101-year-old lady every month who was a teacher for a long time and now STILL tutors someone every week. She doesn't move very fast, but she's still really sharp.

4. Do you have any autographs of famous people? I have a couple. My most prized is a Detroit Tiger baseball with the signatures of Bobby Higginson and Lance Parrish (hey...they count as famous people I've met!). I also have a CD from an artist local to Chicago-St. Louis named Robynn Ragland who has apparently dropped off the face of the earth. But anyway, I'll count her. She hugged me. Hey, there's another one I've met.

5. If you were to become famous, what would you want to become famous for? Writing. I'm not sure what yet.

Bonus: Whose 15 minutes of fame was up long, long ago? Paris Hilton. What did she do? Oh yeah, she was conceived by a hotel owner. Wow. We should put her on magazine covers.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Wasn't that Kirk Gibson, not Lance Parrish?

chris said...

Now that I think about it, it was Lance Parrish. Sorry.